Tuesday, January 6, 2009

JJJ Hottest 100 - 2008

It is that time of the year again, Triple J's Hottest 100 voting.

I have thought for a long while that it has been in gradual merger with the middle, as there are always some anomalies in the countdown on 26 January which makes one wonder if the voters outnumber listeners. 

I have changed my tone a little on this over 2008, as I can admit to listening to a lot less of JJJ. This has been driven by a couple of factors. The first of which has been my complete immersion in podcasting, but given that I have at least 19.4 days of backlog that never seems to decrease I would hardly think that I would fret over losing my JJJ time.

In fact, I attribute the change not to the change in genre like the late nineties/early noughties but to the selection of comperes. It may be part of the natural evolution of most JJJ listeners that reach a certain age and can no longer tolerate it... I certainly hope not...

Anyway, my shortlist is included below... It will be culled to 10... any suggestions?

Shortlist

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: